Make a difference in Charleston's nonprofit sector! YNPN Lowcountry is looking for people with the time, drive and skills to guide YNPN Lowcountry's growth as an organization.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for YNPN Board of Directors, Assistant Program Chair - APPLY HERE!
Serving on the YNPN Lowcountry Board is a fantastic opportunity to put your skills to use and take your involvement with YNPN to the next level as we build the systems and capacity of our organization. It's also a great way to focus on your own professional development by meeting new people, enhancing your leadership skills and expanding your network.
What you need to know:
- New board members must commit to two years of service as a Director
- Board members must attend a minimum of six regular Board of Directors meetings each year and are required to attend the annual Board Retreat.
- Board members also chair or volunteer on a committee and attend YNPN Lowcountry events whenever possible.
- The board is a working board as YNPN Lowcountry does not have staff. The monthly time commitment ranges from 12 to 20 hours per month, depending on one's role on the board.
- Board members will be asked to sign a commitment form and conflict of interest policy.
- Board members must maintain current membership with YNPN Lowcountry and make a financial commitment of membership.
- It is not a requirement that all board members work for a nonprofit organization, but an individual's work or volunteer experience should demonstrate commitment to the nonprofit sector.
Please contact Nominating Chair, Lauren Whiteside Mann, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.