Young Nonprofit Professional Network, Lowcountry (YNPN Lowcountry) envisions a vibrant community of nonprofit professionals, who positively impact the Charleston Tri-County and surrounding areas through innovation, collaboration, and cultivation.
The mission of YNPN Lowcountry is to connect young nonprofit professionals in the Charleston Tri-County and surrounding areas through valuable experiences in professional development, networking events and social opportunities.
Founded in January 2015, YNPN Lowcountry is the first and only Young Nonprofit Professionals Network chapter for South Carolina. This grassroots chapter was established out of the knowledge that a number of young professionals are fulfilling leadership roles in the social sector at a substantial rate, and there is a lack of opportunities for young nonprofit professionals in Charleston to receive like-minded collaboration, interaction and support. Through trainings and social gatherings, young professionals can share best practices, discuss issues that impact the nonprofit sector and make impactful connections with one another.
YNPN Lowcountry offers a variety of different opportunities and events to engage young nonprofit professionals.
Our programs include:
- Access to Experts Luncheon: A quarterly Lunch & Learn series designed to give nonprofit professionals an opportunity to enjoy lunch hosted by an expert in the sector in a small group setting. Previous hosts include:
- Happy Hours: Join us every other month to mix and mingle with peers and offer input and feedback to the Board.
- Coffee Hours: Every other month, a small group of members get together over morning coffee to discuss either a specific topic or whatever career issues are on their minds.
- Professional Development Summit: YNPN Lowcountry offers an annual professional development summit designed to energize and equip young professionals in the nonprofit sector with the experiences and resources they need to develop, inspire and grow to be effective changemakers in our community.
- Community Connections: Learn more about the fabric of our community by taking part in events designed to educate individuals on issues, challenges, and resources in the Tri-County area.
ABOUT YNPN National
The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) is a national organization aimed at helping young people to build successful, sustainable careers in the nonprofit sector and contribute meaningfully to the communities in which they live. Originally founded in 1997, YNPN is a continuously growing organization with over 40 chapters and 50,000 members nationwide. You can learn more about YNPN’s national work, and the work of other chapters at www.ynpn.org.